Sunday, August 12, 2012

SSZOYNP

Do you know what that stands for?

Four days ago I saw this acronym posted all over the place. SSZOYNP day was here.  But what the heck did it mean?
Well SSZOYNP means it was the popular yearly event known as Sneak Some Zucchini On Your Neighbor's Porch Day of course.  I love zucchini. It is so delicious and abundant in the summer.
But since we moved we no longer have our amazing garden.  So therefore I had no zucchini to eat or sneak anywhere.
Luckily for me, I got some incredible zucchinis from the next Fresh from the Farmer basket and I was ready to try a new quiche.
I really love quiches. The crust is usually the least healthy part so I made a crustless quiche this time.  The quiche was so good the crust was not missed.  The key to my quiche was using the right tool.  My new peeler.   I make zucchini pasta with it all the time (shred your zucchini, add a little water, cover it and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain out the water well. Pour on sauce and cheese, YUM) but today I used it to make my quiche.  The peeler is pictured above. It is hard to see the really fine shreds it makes, but it really works.
Grate 3 medium zucchini into a bowl. Add into that same bowl 1/2 of a small onion, diced and 1/4 cup 3 cheese blend. It should look like this:
In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 2/3 cup almond milk, and 1/2 cup egg beaters.  Mix this up well.
Combine the 2 bowls together and mix well.
Pour into a pie pan that was well sprayed.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven.
Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment