Thursday, May 12, 2011

Awesome lunch, seitan stir-fry!

So what do you make yourself for lunch everyday? Is it boring tuna or turkey sandwich? This is my new favorite lunch or dinner and it is soooo healthy!!
I like to buy the costco size broccoli, mushrooms and onions so that I have the ingredients I need on hand for a whole week.
First heat up some EVOO in a saute pan, I use about a tsp or so.  Heat it nice and hot then add in your favorite veggies
sliced zucchini
sliced peppers
broccoli
sliced mushroooms
chopped onions
sliced or shredded carrots
I usually put the onions in alone for the first 2-3 minutes and then add in the rest of the veggies. Once these are cooked (about 2-3 more minutes) I add in chopped up seitan.
Seitan is amazing. I use Westsoy Seitan. It is amazing how much it tastes like a chunk of beef. Seitan is vegan and is good for you! 21 grams of protein and 2 gms of fat per serving.  I use about 1/3 of the package for each stir fry.  I sometimes add in a touch of soy sauce and just keep moving everything around the pan. If I am not making a vegan version I will add in one egg and cook it up quickly on the side of the pan and it easily incorporates itself into the whole dish.
This lunch is filling, nutritious, and most importantly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment