Thursday, February 3, 2011

Better Breakfast for your kids!

When I switched our house to healthy foods years ago the one thing my kids really missed was sugary cereals. I would often buy them because they were on sale AND I always had great coupons for them.  One of my sons favorite cereal was Cinnamon Toast Crunch. He loved that cereal. He could eat 3 or 4 bowls in a row.

So I took away all the bad cereals and replaced them with healthier choices. We like Annie's, Kashi, and Cascadian Farms best.  Cascadian Farms recently came out with a new flavor. It is called Cinnamon Crunch. My son says this cereal is even better than the Cinnamon Toast Crunch he remembers. The ingredients are clean and no added flavors, colors, or preservatives.

One serving is 1 cup. Each cup has 110 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 0 saturated fat, 3 grams of fiber, 8 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of protein. Each serving also has 10-25% of may vitamins and minerals. I do not let me kids have this everyday but a few times a week is fine!!
What cereals do you feed your kids?

Cascadian Farms did not provide me with any cereal, I buy a box at least once a week at my local health food store.

1 comment:

  1. I usually buy Kashi Go Lean Crisp, but will try the Cascadian Farms brand.
    whisperingsagesoapworks@yahoo.com
    @PlumSage

    ReplyDelete