Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village

We recently visited Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village in Orlando Florida. I was so skeptical about staying at this hotel. I am not an animal person.  I love our bird Daisy, but I never had a dog or cat growing up and animals are not usually very exciting to me.
The Kidani Village is one of the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) villas.  DVC is a timeshare that was given to us by my inlaws. Usually we stay at the Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk, Old Key West, or Saratoga Springs.  But this time a villa was open at the Animal Kingdom and we decided to try something different.
This hotel was amazing in so many ways.  I really do not think we even needed any park tickets this trip.  There was so much to do at our hotel.  We must have sat on our porch 2-3 hours a day.  We got to see giraffe, zebra, ostrich, cattle, and much more.
The animals felt close enough that we could almost touch them, but far enough away that we were not scared.
We saw giraffes hug each morning.
We saw zebras rolling in mud after a short Florida rain storm.
These two Ankole Cattle sat right outside our window each night for hours.  They always sat in different positions, sometimes looking right in our window, other times staring in each other's eyes.

When we were not sitting on the porch looking at the animals, we were going to bead activities.  What are bead activities? Throughout each day, there are at least 10 different kid activities. At each one, your child will earn a cool bead for his or her chain.  By the end of your stay you will have an amazing necklace or bracelet.  My daughter loved these activities. They vary and can include, learning to drum, making food for the giraffe, answering questions about places in Africa, identifying animal sounds, tracking where Mickey is hiding and more! The bead activities were so much fun. These activities were led by nature guides who were visitors from African countries. They were each so kind, and informative. We really loved this part of our visit.
Kidani Village has a nice pool and we spent some time there everyday.  Waterfalls and a small kids water park are there too.
My girl who is usually quite timid in the water even went on the smallest water slide, 20 times!
I highly recommend Kidani Village. If you would like anymore information about DVC please feel free to email me!
Tomorrow I will be posting my tips for having a happy family vacation to Disneyworld.




No comments:

Post a Comment